The American Original Series guitars from Fender captures the classic vibe of their legendary guitars of bygone decades, with modern features, components, build technology, and feel. The solid body electric bass guitar was invented by Leo Fender with the introduction of the Precision Bass in 1951. This is the iconic bass guitar that started it all. Before the Precision came along, bassists had to haul huge heavy stand up basses around everywhere, and they have been thanking Leo Fender since.
The Fender American Original '60s Precision Bass continues the tradition of playability for this iconic instrument while adding modern updates and appointments. With a nitrocellulose finished body of alder and a maple neck with the much loved Thick C profile, it is topped with a rosewood fretboard. The Pure Vintage ’63 Precision Bass split-coil pickup is as authentic as possible, down to the enamel-coated coil, cloth-covered output wires, and Alnico 5 magnets, and throws out a wide range of tones. Nickel/Chrome hardware adds vintage look and feel, including a 4-saddle vintage-style bridge with threaded steel saddles provides amazing support for staying in tune.
- Body Shape: Double cutaway solid body P-Bass
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Colour: Lake Placid Blue
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5"
- Scale Length: 34"
- No. of Frets: 20
- Fretboard Inlays: Vintage Clay Dot
- Pickups: 1 x Pure Vintage '63 Split Single-coil
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style, Threaded Steel Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Reverse Open-Gear
- Strings: Fender USA 7250M, .045-.105
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome